Tuesday, April 16, 2024

OMG 197 comments waiting for approval!

No sewing machines in this short post.

Kinda lost my blog mojo in the recent plague years.  I've posted sporadically over the past few years but I though no one was reading because I wasn't seeing any comments.

I WAS SO WRONG!!!

My IRL friend Maria told me that she had read and made a comment on my latest post.  I looked but didn't see it, so I took a closer look into the blogging site.  And discovered:

197 COMMENTS WAITING FOR APPROVAL

Blogger used to email me when there was a comment waiting for approval.  I had no idea that they had stopped, so I didn't know y'all were still out there reading.

197 comments!!!!! Going back to 2021.  I have finally read through them all, approved most, deleted a few that might have been legit but were outdated or not on topic, and blocked a bunch of spammers.

I don't love the spammers but they are pretty easy to spot.  For instance, I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of my regular readers who posted:

"constantly i used to read smaller content which also clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading here."

Huh?

And so many lovely comments!  And people worrying about me when I wasn't responding.  I'm also amazed at how many people really do want to see how I made my linen curtains.  I'm sorry that I missed out on replying to you over the last couple of years.  I love all y'all.

I'm not from The South but "all y'all" is my favorite phrase acquired while living here.

So a huge shout out and a million thanks to Maria, who may have single handedly saved this blog from extinction.  Cause it is a lot more fun to write when one knows that someone is reading!

* * * * * * * * * *

IRL = In Real Life.  

As opposed to my "imaginary friends" who are people I only know online.  

3 comments:

  1. Just keep blogging. I need a sewing machine fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you are back and are well, I enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I commented twice and have been worried about you. (Thanks, Maria!) Your blog is one of a kind and must not go extinct. Yes to linen curtains, yes to sewing machines, yes to it all! Too much is not enough :-)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from all of you who want to talk about sewing and sewing machines!