Monday, November 9, 2020

Total Chaos, No Shame

 Last time I hinted that there were big things in the works here and I hadn't planned to discuss it until it was over.  I'm moving about 45 minutes away and two doors down from one of my daughters.  Same size house with an almost identical layout.  

I've been in this house 32 years and I'm using this as an opportunity to weed things out but I still have an enormous amount of stuff.

The mover couldn't get over here to give me an estimate and asked for pictures and the easiest way for me to do that is to dump them all on the blog.  Faint-hearted or squeamish readers should turn their heads away now.

All the remaining comments are for the movers.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here are the photos as requested.  I am still packing and putting boxes in a 16 foot pod.  I would like your company to unload the pod once all the furniture is in the house.  Each box is labeled and color coded as to what room it will go in.

Much of what you see here will be packed in the next week and a half.  I will move all the lamps and art work.

I have approximately 43 sewing machines, most of which are cast iron and weigh 40 pounds @.  Almost all of them are in cases but I am still packing and putting some machines into empty cases so I can't be more precise at this time.  The cases should be thought of as dust covers and not ways to move them.  In other words, don't trust the handles and latches to hold but they will protect the contents during the move once they are in the truck.  

I will also have a twin mattress and box spring in my car that I would like you to move into the house.

LIVING ROOM AND FRONT HALL

Notable items:  loveseat, recliner, assorted chairs (some will be moved in advance), curved glass china cabinet, large hutch, cedar chest (may or may not be here for the move), 36" flat screen TV, 50" new flat screen TV still in box.  3 cast iron treadles and their cabinets (sewing machine removed from them.)











KITCHEN

Toaster oven, microwave, KitchenAid mixer, cuisinart, vintage GE refrigerator.

There is a stainless steel refrigerator at the new house that I would like to have moved back to this house.




DINING ROOM

There is a large dining table under all the junk, most or all of which will be gone by the move. Six dining room chairs. One very large antique hutch which separates into two pieces.  5 sewing machine cabinets.  






GUEST BEDROOM
King sized bed.  Wardrobe.  toy chest, three card tables.  Two small bookcases.





MASTER BEDROOM

Full sized bed, two antique dressers, two nightstands, recliner, hanging clothes which will wrapped in plastic bags and won't need to go into a wardrobe box.




WORKROOM

Pilates machine.  3 wire racks. Loose desk top and two small chests of drawers that support it.  Small bookcase with sliding doors.  Rolling tool chest.  







BASEMENT STUDIO and LAUNDRY ROOM

There is a door to the outside and outside steps.  The washer and dryer are not being moved.

Upright freezer.  43" flatscreen TV. 5 wire shelving units.  One 10 foot long quilting frame and an extra-large sewing machine.  4 2-drawer lateral filing cabinets.  3 3-drawer lateral filing cabinets.  One 4' x 8',  3/4" plywood top.  Small rolling tool cart.  Three sewing machine tables.  One dresser.  One table with a concrete top.  Hanging wall shelves (items will be removed).

The gun safe is not going to the new house.











8 comments:

  1. This is from becky@fuse.net another email is bibschneider@gmail.com

    I am in Cincinnati- Which pains me whenever you put something out for sale on your porch. Are you moving to a completely different area? My daughter lives across the river in Kentucky and it takes about 40-42 minutes to get from my house to hers, but still considered greater Cincinnati area.

    We moved last year. we moved a total of 510 yards as the crow flies. Less than 8/10 mile as the road goes. Bigger house. Still getting it set up and just finishing a kitchen remodel. You are very organized and I still am so glad I am not in your shoes. I NEVER WANT TO MOVE AGAIN!

    It will be nice, though, living close to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your beautiful antiques, sewing machines, & your ORGANIZATION! I'd like to Pin some of your shots, to copy that level of arranging & organizing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life moving on with the old to join the new. You possibly have to let chaos happen for things to begin to settle (oh, aren't I full of platitudes this morning!). All very, very best wishes for your big move xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing how many pieces of your furniture are similar to mine! At first I thought you didn't have any more stuff than I do, but then I kept scrolling! I love those shelves that you have your sewing notions displayed on, have never seen any like that. We have a vintage refrigerator but the handle broke, I miss it! Good luck with someone moving your stuff, I only had movers move us once, and they did some stupid stuff when they packed our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best wishes on your move.
    I guess I am not the faint of heart. I love all of your treasures. You have some very beautiful things. I hope this is a good move. It is hard to pack up after 32 years. Hubbs and I have been in our house for 20 years and already feel like settled in ivy has grown.
    Again, I hope the movers can make a good move for you, and protect your things from damage. I moved my parents, and even though the movers did the packing and moving, I moved a lot of things my self for them. Now, is the house the same as your daughters? or the same as this one you are in now?
    All my love, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything gets moved safely. I hope I do not have to part with my machines anytime soon. I love studio and creative equipment over anything else in the house. I am grateful to have a studio (turned my living room into the sewing studio). My son and grandkids live directly across the street, so it would be hard to move away. My daughter lives 3 hours away. You get a chance to tweak your organizing system and make things work even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE moving. It is the best way to de clutter, and all the corners and cabbies are clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate moving. We've lived in 3 houses in 33 years of marriage (17 in this house). The movers couldn't believe how much I had in the last house. It quickly filled this house (larger), and now I have much more stuff. Hope you get to do some sewing soon after you move. Glad you will be closer to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from all of you who want to talk about sewing and sewing machines!