Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Threading the Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase (YouTube)



Once upon a time I rescued a completely trashed Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase then completely restored the treadle, cabinet, and machine head.  Including painting it and applying DIY waterslide decals.  If you want to read about this, look at the links at the top of this page.

It's time for this machine to go to a good home and it is leaving tomorrow.  On its way out the door I shot videos of threading the machine, winding the bobbins, and threading the shuttle.

The first video is 20 minutes of heart pounding action and non stop thrills.  Join the hordes* of my YouTube followers, pop some popcorn and check it out.

Threading the Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase (YouTube video)

*if a horde is 10 people, then I have three hordes of followers on YouTube before publication of this blog post.  Let's see those numbers skyrocket!

Winding the Bobbin (YouTube video)

All of this is most definitely tongue-in-cheek, my friends.  There are a lot of people out there deriving all or part of their income from generating YouTube content and they have to promote themselves.  More power to them, and I follow many of their channels.

Threading the Bobbin into the Shuttle

I, on the other hand, derive none of my income from anything associated with my hobby.  That's not how hobbies work, lol.  And on the third other hand, I like to laugh.  Often at myself.

So seriously, absolutely no reason to watch any of this UNLESS you own a Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase.  Lucky you if so.

And speaking of laughing at myself, in the comments below feel free to list the hilarious mistakes that I make in the video.  It takes hours to create something like this, so if the information was coming through I figured that was all that mattered and left the bloopers in there.

And btw, if you are a longtime reader you may be wondering how I could bear to part with Shield Maiden, my first paint job and my 15 minutes of fame.  Easy, she is staying in the family and going to a relative.  Who loves her too.


And an update.  Camilla, who had never treadled before, sat down and treadled like she had been doing it all her life.  Seriously, zero learning curve.

Camilla and Shield Maiden are obviously meant for each other.


1 comment:

  1. Camilla will love that machine. Hopefully we'll see something that she makes on it.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from all of you who want to talk about sewing and sewing machines, so please leave a comment. I will be approving all the posts before they go public. This will weed out all the people who just want to sell you something. Or worse, capture you and use your info for nefarious purposes.