Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase. For sale at NC TOGA

 

 

This is the stripped down carcase of a Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase.  The rest of the parts are in photos below.  I had planned to restore this but I no longer want to do that.

NC TOGA is coming up in June.  If you don't know what that is I'll be describing it in a future post.  One of the things it is, is a swap meet.  I have some machines for sale.



 

It is my sincere belief that all of the parts are present and I believe you can see them in these photos.  

 

 

I restored and painted a Domestic High Arm fiddlebase years ago.  It was a lovely machine to sew on which is why I had planned to restore another one.  The painted one went to my sister-in-law Camilla. 

There are lots of extras with this machine head.  Sadly they are in similar condition.  But how often do you see Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase stuff? 



There are presser feet, needle plates, screwdrivers, two shuttles, and three bobbins.



There are attachments.  All untested.



There are the tattered remnants of a manual.  Amazingly I was able to find a PDF of the manual, and I can email this to the buyer.

 

 

It takes a  Boye No. 8 notched needle.  The sale will include a couple of size 30-80 and a couple of 40-100 in original Boye tubes.  And 10 new Grosz Beckert needles which someone on the TreadleOn bulletin board claimed would work with this machine.


 

And I have more of these needles for sale separately.

 



Looking for a good project?  Or just parts for your own Domestic High Arm Fiddlebase?





* * * * * * * * * * 

Here's how this works:  I  create a blog post for each machine and describe what I know about it in detail, pros and cons.  Once I have all the machines up on this blog I will post a price list at the NC TOGA Facebook page.  If you are attending the TOGA and are seriously interested let me know and I will bring it.  "Seriously interested" means that you plan to buy it IF you like what you see in person.  Absolutely NO obligation in advance and I won't take any money in advance.  

Cash or PayPal.  I don't use any other payment apps.  Hey, I'm an old lady.  Can't be learning new apps all the time.

Once the price list is up you can call dibs on any machine and I will make sure you get to see it and decide if you want it before anyone else can buy it.

This approach has worked very well in the past.  Just please don't ask me to haul 40+ pounds of cast iron across North Carolina if all you want to do is ogle it.  Serious interest only please.

Some of these machines will have been serviced and some will not so read the descriptions carefully.  It is not my usual practice to sell machines that I have not serviced first.  But I really need to downsize the herd and TOGA is almost here.  Many TOGAteers are experienced antique sewing machine mechanics themselves.  They will also be glad to provide advice to others about whether a machine is a good choice for a newbie.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from all of you who want to talk about sewing and sewing machines!